A Little Bit About Our Practice History...
Our practice began in 1957 by Dr. Robert Evans at 5893 Main Street in a beautiful 3 story colonial house at the corner of Highland Road. Dr. Evans practiced alone until 1968 when he was joined by Dr. Barry Wood, who was returning to New York after finishing an Air Force commitment. Once Dr. Wood joined the practice, the Elma office was opened at the corner of Bullis and Bowen roads.
In 1979, Dr. Alan Patrignani joined the practice following his graduation from SUNY Buffalo Dental School and the SUNY Buffalo Orthodontic Program. Shortly thereafter, Dr. Evans retired.
In 1981, Dr. Charles Kohout joined the practice after graduation from SUNY Buffalo School of Dentistry and completing his Orthodontic Residency at Loyola University of Chicago. We became a group of three orthodontists: Drs. Wood, Patrignani and Kohout. Our office was one of only two multi-doctor offices in New York State in which all of the doctors were Board Certified.
We continued as a three doctor practice until Dr. Wood retired in 1998. At that time we decided to continue on as a two doctor office and moved to our present location. Our move accomplished several things, but primarily helped us to update our equipment, develop excellent, hygienic, clinical space and to increase our efficiency. Computerizing our office was also a part of our move.
Our practice continued on with two doctors and Dr. Patrignani retired 2012.
Dr. Edwin Jauch joined the practice in July 2014. He is also a graduate of the SUNY Buffalo School of Dentistry. He studied Orthodontics at Jacksonville University and has been practicing locally for over 17 years. With Dr. Jauch joining the practice we have added a third location in Orchard Park.
We currently practice state of the art Orthodontics, including traditional Damon and clear braces as well as being Premier Invisalign Providers.
We look forward to meeting you!